Last week I was invited to the "running meets yoga" session by adidas, Kate from Wildandfit and Ava. It was a pleasure to meet all this motivated girls and we had a great time together. The event was about the new SS16 sport collection of adidas and the collection is very 70's with gorgeous colours.
I can't say that I'm very motivated when it comes to sport. There is so much work left, a dinner with friends, I'm too tired...there a multiple excuses NOT to go to the gym or for a run. I also know that I need sport to stay healthy and fit and every time after the workout I feel much better than before.From my perspective 3 to 4 workout's a week are optimal to keep your body in balance. And the fantastic thing is that there are many ways how to work out your body and not only one.
What can we do to integrate sport in our daily routine?
- Schedule your sports time in advance: If you can, you will quit. To avoid this, insert your sports times in your calendar and handle this appointment serious.
- Find a sports buddy: It's much more difficult to quit, when you have to disappoint someone and there a several more advantages e.g. to be much more motivated
- Do something you love: You hate to go to the gym or go running? That's okay, but look for something you like to do. I love e.g. sports courses like body pump, hot iron etc. instead of cardio
What I also discovered last week was, that yoga is better and much more effective than I thought (muscle atch on 'never known before' places). It's something in between pilates, relaxing, stretching and has also a bit of esoteric, but in a good way. After a 30 minutes tabata training (4 Minutes each time, with 20 seconds fast running and 10 seconds slow running) we have had a full hour yoga with Ava. Her skills and body contol is so impressive & if you will ever have a chance to have a lesson with her, go for it.
My top three sport secrets:
- Be focused! I'm a typical aries and I need freedom. I do sports for myself and not based on anybody. My sport time is my time and I enjoy to hear music meanwhile, to have fun and not to think about work or sth else.
- Keep the balance! Nothing extreme is good for your body. Sport on a regular base yes, but not every day. Your body needs the rest days to fill up your energy storage.
- Add weight training! Without weight training (at least body weight) you will not see much results on your body. Cardio like running is very important for your endurance, but only together with weight training your body will transform.